1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam Schefter reporting Vince Young out ~ a month

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 8, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's what I was getting at. Who knows what deep dark shit he's dealing with?

But Hondo would rather get another crack in at his favorite target and tell him to man up.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And what I'm saying is, I really think that IS all he's dealing with -- a kid who never got booed in Austin and whose ability is being questioned, really, for the first time.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh. Well then we will agree to disagree.

I find it hard to believe it's just getting booed that's bothering him.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

BYH is right to be cautious, but assuming there is nothing else, this is another example of how the coddling of university athletes fails to prepare them for the real world. Hide them from the media, create zero accountability. That really helps when they go to the NFL or the NBA.

Now Vince Young isn't prepared to handle it.

By the way, how bad does Major Adams look? "Eating chicken wings with a friend"?

Genius at work.

5. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I just read on his Wikipedia page that he attended classes at Texas in the spring and hopes to complete his degree next May.

I learned something a long time ago about judging people. If you have to write a story, fine. But what's the point of being an asshole just because you can?

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

pussy.

that is all.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Trust me dude ... there are about 500,000 Titans fans in Tennessee telling the guy to man up.
    Why can't you admit he's a dud?

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, that's what Mommy says ... which also may say it all.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Are you saying VY needs to get laid and he'll feel better about life? Or that he is one?

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the little bitch needs a hug.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Believe it or not, I was coming on here to say all y'all may have been right, that maybe it's not going to work out for Vince Young.

But then you went ahead and took another chance to kick a guy while he's down, so I never got around to it. I know you hate him, but I figured even you could be a little classier than that.

Would have loved to have seen an SportsJournalists.com back in the day of Jim Eisenreich's exit from baseball due to Tourrette's. "He gets made fun of by fans for having tics and cursing a lot. Big fucking deal. Either work on the problem and get better or find another line of work. It's not like he's had some godawful tragedy happen to him."--Hondo, 1984

Draft saved Draft deleted