1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam Schefter Leaves NFLN for the four letter company that we shall not name.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by GRUDGE, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

When Adam was in Denver, he was the best NFL reporter in the country by several miles.

He's better than anyone at ESPN, with the possible exception being Clayton.

I'm surprised the WWL hasn't backed up the truck to try to hire Glazer.

2. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I think Schefter's gotten unfairly saddled with the "hey, he works for the NFL, of course he's breaking lots of news" excuse in the past year. I think he'll be leading the effort at ESPN. Like Mizzou, I'm curious who the NFL Network finds to replace him. Glad to see anybody hiring anybody these days ...

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Surely they have tried.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Who's going to chew their pen and drool down their chin on NFLN now?

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I got nothing other than Adam Schefter looks like a robot to me. I don't know why, he just does.

Rock on Robo Schefter!

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The official release:

For Immediate Release
    June 10, 2009

Adam Schefter Joins ESPN as NFL Correspondent

Adam Schefter, one of the top National Football League reporters and insiders, will join ESPN as an NFL correspondent in August. Schefter, who worked for NFL Network, will appear on such programs as SportsCenter, NFL Live, Sunday NFL Countdown and Monday Night Countdown, as well as ESPNEWS throughout the year. He will write regular columns for ESPN.com and contribute to ESPN Radio and other platforms. Schefter will continue to be based in New York.

Schefter has been a reporter/analyst and key source of breaking news for NFL Network since 2004, appearing on NFL Total Access and NFL GameDay Morning and also writing for NFL.com. Prior to joining NFL Network, Schefter was a sportswriter for the Denver Post where he covered the Broncos for 15 years. He was named the Colorado Sports Writer of the Year in 2002 and 2003. No stranger to ESPN, Schefter frequently appeared on Around the Horn and The Sports Reporters during his days at the Post.

“Adam has covered the NFL for 20 years and he is widely respected for his professional approach and ability to uncover stories,” said Norby Williamson, ESPN executive vice president, production. “He is a tremendous addition to our roster of NFL insiders who provide year-round coverage across ESPN’s platforms.”

Schefter added: “The name ESPN speaks for itself. Its reputation stands alone. I watched ESPN growing up, so to be a part of the programming that every football fan watches, and really has always watched, and to be a part of such a talented group of people, it’s surreal to me. It feels like I’m a late addition to the Pro Bowl. I’m flattered, honored, humbled - and I can’t wait to get to work.”

A graduate of the University of Michigan and Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism, Schefter is a former president of the Pro Football Writers of America and the author of three books, including Romo: My Life on the Edge Living Dreams and Slaying Dragons about former Broncos linebacker Bill Romanowski which was on the New York Times bestseller list. Schefter has a new book out this summer entitled, “The Class of Football: Words of Hard-Earned Wisdom from Legends of the Gridiron.”

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Great reporter.

8. maberger

maberger Member

Re: Adam Schefter Leaves NFLN for the four letter company that we shall not name

jason la canfora has already gone to nfln

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/richard_deitsch/06/01/media-power-rankings/

item 4

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not a fan.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Lately it's been looking like Steve Wyche is their go-to guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted