1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Actual breaking Landis news: Sample had artificial testosterone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Del_B_Vista, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

If you hadn't, someone else would've. ;)

2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I don't care if I get yelled at for it, and I don't care if it makes me sound like a yellow-wristband-wearing homer, but there is still no real evidence of Lance cheating. Otherwise, carry on.

EDIT: Actually, now that I look at that list, none of them have actually been confirmed. Though most are quite close. But still.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I didn't cheat in H.S. I failed sometimes, but I never cheated. In any case, a kid cheating on a test in high school is a horrible comparison. Should we throw that kid in jail for 30 years? I mean, he's a cheat just like Ken Lay was.

What is overboard and what isn't? If you are a sports fan, and you care passionately about those sports, I'd imagine all of those athletes cheating has ruined your enjoyment of those sports irreparably.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I said it before, I'll say it again

He shoulda used a scrotum patch.

And, A_F, I never cheated on a test in school. That (partially) explains my 2.75 GPA.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

I copied homework from time to time, and allowed others to copy mine, but I was always too afraid to cheat on a test. I always imagined the look on my mother's face if I got caught. I was too afraid to imagine the look on my father's face.

6. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

I was going to say LANDISTRONG, in support of those with low testosterone. We'd make a killing.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Tex, you yellow-wristband-wearing homer, you are technically correct. There isn't enough on Lance to stand up in court. But the parade of massive red flags raised on him over the years, along with the continually mounting evidence that all of cycling's big guns have been juicing for years and still are, is enough for me. In the court of this man's opinion, Lance is guilty as charged.

8. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

and if he somehow didn't use EPO/doping/whatever and still beat a bunch of guys who have since been busted for using the stuff, he's clearly the greatest athlete in the history of all sports.

9. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I guess that's somewhat understandable. I just hope to God you don't have to make personnel-related decisions, or any judgments on anything outside of "this water is cold."

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

He was the most tested rider for 6 years on the tour and never failed a test.........think about that. Many french journalists made it their mission to prove he was cheating, 6 years interviewing everyone with any association to him, leaving no stone unturned..and the entire time to Tour officials were just as relentless, and yet they found nothing tangible.

BUT, they were able to catch Landis, Ulrich, Basso........

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

But Greg LeMond said he was a doper.

GREG LEMOND!!

He even claims to have second hand info on a medication induced, operating table confession of the doping.

Seriously, though. Armstrong very well may have doped. But if he did, his team of doping enablers is the smartest, bestest and most successfull dopers in all of the world.

12. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

wrong. i'd rather walk around campus smoking blunts for four years than get busting blatantly cheating on school shit like a lot of the kids who get kicked out of school every year for doing the exact thing.

at least smoking dope on campus you have a shot of sticking around. you get busted cheating, well, you don't have the criminal justice system at your disposal. good fucking luck in front of the student judiciary committee. it's not illegal to cheat on exams, just a system where if you get caught, the deck is WAY stacked against you.

Draft saved Draft deleted