1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Accused cop-killer strangled in jail

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 1, 2008.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

If he was guilty, I still don't agree with those who are glad it happened. Sorry, but the loss of human life at the hands of another just doesn't have that effect on me unless it's shortly before or after the words "Directed by Martin Scorsese."

2. pallister

pallister Guest

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Implying is one thing. Acknowledging the possibility is another. Until and unless that possibility is ruled out, the cheering of this man's death on this thread is a disgrace.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

What worries me is that the same people who are so casual about taking a life solely because of presumed innocence, without a trial, also have the right to vote. It would frighten me even more to have one of these people on a jury because, well, they're certainly not my peers.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

So once he's convicted, guards and other prisoners are free to violate his civil rights at will?

Newsflash to you idiot deathmongers: Prison is a punishment in and of itself. The deprivation of freedom is the punishment. Being convicted of a crime, no matter how awful, is not an open invitation to vigilante justice within the walls of the prison system. Guards and other prisoners do not have the right to injure or kill other inmates, no matter what.

Jesus fucking Christ. I expect this kind of shit from Bubba down at the truck stop. I don't expect it from a bunch of so-called journalists, who are supposed to respect the basic rights and freedoms that underpin any decent society.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I shouldn't have said glad it happened. What I should have said is that I feel little sympathy for him if he was guilty. He should have had a fair trial no matter what, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted