1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Accused cop-killer strangled in jail

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 1, 2008.

1. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

don't know where you are headed with the right to bear arms line, but the cop was not killed with a gun.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm saying that the constitution is a ridiculously outdated piece of paper.

I hate the NRA. But the constitution says we have the right to bear arms, so therefore thousands of kids are killed in guns accidents. The British aren't coming anymore, we don't need to be allowed to have guns unless there is a good reason for you to have one.

Yes, I am all for innocent until proven guilty. I'm also not going to cry when a cop killer or a child molester doesn't get their day in court.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Over the years, this department has often gotena bum wrap. It's my home county and I actually came really close to trying to join the police force there, while a guy I used to wrestle with in his actually did. But in this case, someone just went way too far.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm conservative, but I'm very anti-gun.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Not sure what some people don't get about "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY."

6. Anti-gun? You're a fucking pussy!

:D

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

This department has a history of this shit going back to Terrance Johnson. Bad rap? C'mon. The redneck cops in PG county can't handle the fact that they are a minority.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Not sure how close you are to the situation. But I figure my perspective is pretty sound. Especially with the shit they have to put up with.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Your lack of reading comprehension skills is truly astounding.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

All due respect, their questionable "confessions" a few years back didn't exactly help their reputation.

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

And no one's ever been falsely accused of child molestation either. Too bad all those people in the 80s and early 90s weren't killed in prison before their exonerations and overturned convictions. Could have saved a lot of embarrassment to prosecutors by just strangling the defendants.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

They must've thrown the guy in the bad-cop section of jail and let them go to town. That's the only reason I can think of that this was allowed to happen. Very unusual, because cop-killers are at the top of the food chain in gen-pop — if they somehow avoid death row.

Draft saved Draft deleted