1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

According to these guys, Magic faked AIDS ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I know a duy who was at numerous parties with NBA people when the various teams would roll through Dallas in the late 80s.
    He said Magic and many others used to fuck til they couldn't fuck anymore at these "orgies".
    Lots of women were on-hand to service the stars.
    What this guy told me I think is legit, cause he was there.
    All that love-activity was not protected, I'm sure, since AIDS was still neglected by many participants in such behavior.
    I think he contracted AIDS or HIV or whatever, and that it's all legit.

2. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

I'd still rather hear these assholes on the radio than see Magic host another late-night show.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Unfortunately, I know all too well how this disease works. I've watched a relative of my wife waste away.

All I said is I believe Magic has access to drugs that normal people do not. I also said very prominently that I have no proof. It is merely a theory of mine that is actually shared by quite a few people.

I'm glad you quickly resorted to name-calling though.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

He looks like Bill Cosby.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Jello Pudding POPS!

6. "It's been 17 years. He clearly has access to something that the rest of the people who are infected can't get."

You said that, merely because he's been alive for 17 years, that he "clearly has access to something that the rest of the people who are infected can't get."

That, to anyone with half a brain, is not "clearly" the case.

7. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Does Greg Louganis have access to Magic's stash, too? He's been HIV-positive for at least 20 years.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

What stuff could he have access to that others don't?
    That logic always astounded me.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

There are thousands of HIV-positive people in this country who never developed AIDS. The medications have improved tremendously over the years.

The advantage people like Magic and Louganis used to have is the financial resources to pay for very expensive drug "cocktails" that were approved and available in the US. Too many common folks couldn't afford the combination of drugs when they first became available.
    They are no far more affordable now.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Isn't that available via insurance?

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Not all insurances covered some of the very expensive combos --three or four drugs at once -- in the early years, from what I understand because the cost was so high.

And not everyone had (has) insurance and drug plans.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

I know that not EVERYONE has it, I just find it very hard to believe that people single out Greg Louganis and Magic as if they are the only one to access to a secret prevention from the virus leading to AIDS.

Draft saved Draft deleted