1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

According to The Record of Hackensack, Martin Brodeur to miss 3-to-4 months.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Nov 4, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Wow. Huge, huge blow for the Devils. Would this mean his hunt for the records would be put on hold, or would there be enough game for him after he returns to grab "most wins" this season?

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If he comes back, it won't be until March or April. I doubt that there will be enough games remaining for him to break Roy's and Sawchuck's records.

What's going to be interesting is to see what Lamoriello does. As of this moment, Kevin Weekes is the Devils' No. 1 goaltender. But he hasn't played a whole hell of a lot since 2005-06.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/stats?playerId=1008

Does Lou stand pat? Or does he ante up for a legitimate number one goaltender?

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Weekes didn't play badly last night, but I have trouble thinking the Devils are a playoff team if they don't go out and get someone.

Remember what people was saying yesterday about the Devils never developing a true replacement/back-up for Brodeur? Those guys are looking really smart right now.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

I don't see what difference it'll make who's between the pipes. Weekes played well and was the third star last night, but the Devils aren't gonna win very many games if they can't put the puck in the net at the other end of the ice.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

On NHL Live, EJ Hradek and Billy Jaffe are discussing which goaltenders could be had. One of the names that was mentioned was Atlanta's Kari Lehtonen.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Is he the one who was doing his sister in law?

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yup. The sister-in-law is now his significant other.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Awk. Ward.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Wow.
    Bet those holiday gigs are a lot of fun. Of course, sis gets half his coin and doesn't have to put up with his shit.
    So if he does his sister-in-law again, he's actually doing his ex-wife?

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The Devils have been pretty lucky during Brodeur's career, in that he never really had a long term injur, considering how many games he plays each year. (Maybe I'm wrong on that though, but I don't remember any real long injuries).

One could say it was bound to happen, especially with Brodeur getting older.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

In his autobiography, Brodeur admitted he was less-than-a-prince when he was married. If memory serves, he wrote that he and the sister-in-law-turned-live-in girlfriend have been together for awhile now.

Draft saved Draft deleted