1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

According to Jim - Series Finale

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jun 2, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

After eight seasons!!!???? - it ends tonight. I don't know anyone who watched it, but it was probably one of the longest running innings-eaters in TV history.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Innings-eater ... I think that's pretty fitting.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I had no idea they were still making new ones.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I watched maybe 10 episodes of it.

It had its moments, but most of it was complete dreck. I only watched it for the hot sister-in-law though.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think, but could be wrong, that they haven't made new ones in two years, but were just burning off the ones they'd already shot. Not quite Drew Carey-esque, but close.

And innings-eater is a perfect description. More like Kirk Rueter than Jeff Suppan, unfortunately.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I checked the Wikipedia page - a couple of stats, never ranked higher than 46th in the season rankings, was cancelled in both 2007 and 2008 before getting reprieves. The final season order was 18 eps, they began airing in December - they destroyed the sets in December.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

That blows my mind that it lasted that long with minimal critical acclaim and ratings. At least Scrubs was beloved by the critics. I can't remember reading anything positive about According To Jim.

8. The Tim Wakefield of network TV.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Why are you so mean to Tim Wakefield?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

IS Tim Wakefield's sister-in-law that hot?

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Kimberly Williams-Paisley, wife of country star Brad Paisley. And since TTIUWOP.....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I liked the blonde better. Just me.

Draft saved Draft deleted