1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Access Athletes.com

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sportsnut, Jan 30, 2008.

1. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

So I found this site http://accessathletes.com/ and it looks like a sports media's version to myspace.com since everyone needs to be approved by a moderator before they get access.

Here is what they wrote in the about us section.

Mission
    AccessAthletes is determined to revolutionize the sports industry by providing enhanced access to athletes, agents, and the media.

The Concept
    AccessAthletes is an interactive, professional and social community that connects athletes, agents, and the media across the globe so that they can communicate with each other more effectively and efficiently.

People use AccessAthletes for a variety of reasons. Whether you want to search for an agent, recruit talent, network, or stay informed of the latest sports news, AccessAthletes offers the perfect forum to do these things and much more.

Enhanced Security & Privacy on AccessAthletes
    AccessAthletes is very different from your standard online social network. On AccessAthletes, athletes, agents and media entities, will go through a validation process to confirm a registrant's identity. If it is found that the registrant is truly a member of one of the 3 categories, that person will get an official badge on his/her profile and gain MVP status.

AccessAthletes strives to open various channels of communication under a secure umbrella, where all MVPs are authorized and information is kept secure. After you join, you will control your own privacy settings and dictate who is given access to your profile and information.

Enjoy Special Benefits by Joining AccessAthletes
    Please see all the benefits of joining AccessAthletes.

----

What do you think of such a community and would you or will you sign up?
    At the moment it looks like they have allot of Athetes from AZ and members of SportsAgentBlog.com.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

This will not end well.

3. It has to end better than it started.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

And if all of that great networking with famous athletes isn't enough, I believe they will also sell the SuperBat 3000 in their online store.

5. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

I think this place could work if they actually got athletes to sign up. I know people discussed it here before in regard's to using facebook.com and myspace to get info and to contact possible recruiting candidates etc.

AA.com may be used for that and actually give the athletes information about you. I don't know I think that may have hit it on the head but now they need to be able to go all the way.

Draft saved Draft deleted