1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ACC Sports Writer

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by Patrick O'Brien, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien New Member

Hello,

We are part of a new start up site that was recently created. All Things ACC, a place where we cover all programs in the ACC, covering football, basketball, and recruiting news.

Right now, it is just one person writing all the articles but we want to expand and give others a chance to express and cover a program of the choice.

We would love to have you join if interest, hungry, and looking to gain some experience.

It won't be demanding and would be up to you what you would like to write.

Check out the site, www.allthingsacc.com and see if you are interested in covering a program of choice or recruiting news. We also have uploaded a message board that can allow you to communicate with others and we have a Twitter account set up @AllThingsACC.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Are you paying anybody for their work?

3. Patrick O'Brien

I really wish that I could pay people, but with this being a start up website, we can't afford to pay anyone right now. We would love to explore this later down the road. But this would be a great avenue for someone who enjoys writing or to gain more experience.

We are continuing to add several features, with our latest message board, so that we can connect with our readers and subscribers.

If you have any questions or any interest at all, please email me at allthingsacc1@gmail.com

And continue to check out the website at www.allthingsacc.com

4. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Good luck with that.

cpmag2014 likes this.
  5. Patrick O'Brien

It is a long shot but if anyone is interested, I'd certainly love to hear from them and a nice chance to gain some experience and get your name out there.

6. Alex Wallner

Alex Wallner New Member

I am very interested in this. I would love to cover Notre Dame, since I am from Champaign, IL.

7. Patrick O'Brien

8. Patrick O'Brien

We are still hoping to add a few writers and I'm opening up the idea that we might be able to pay a little (still in the works and developing the idea). It would be a small amount but I know it can be hard work. If there is anyone that is interested in doing football or basketball coverage for ACC programs, along with recruiting information, so that they can gain some experience, we would love to get in touch with you.

Please email us at allthingsacc1@gmail.com

9. rcsoxfan

rcsoxfan Member

Maybe the mod should change the name of this website from sports journalists.com to PAID sports journalists.com. Maybe then the places looking for "hungry, excited journalists" would realize that being hungry in this biz is less a metaphor and more a reality. Or maybe the mods could give them their own thread on the site. That way those of us looking for that silly little paid gig might be a little less curious.

OakAsSocksGrl and TexasVet like this.
  10. OakAsSocksGrl

OakAsSocksGrl New Member

I have to agree - perhaps a separate thread for non-paying gigs would be helpful for everyone!

11. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Agreed on this. There can be a board for sites that "can't afford to pay anyone right now," but it shouldn't be confused with freelance opportunities that are paying jobs. They do still exist.

OakAsSocksGrl likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted