1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About to watch Juno for the first time, wish me luck.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Apr 28, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I wanted them to screw. There.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I always thought that Bateman's character thought he could if he had wanted, but didn't.

His character, it rung very true. That's why I always thought of Juno as less a comedy and more realistic. But that's just me.

I'm glad you enjoyed the film, one of my all-time faves.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Disturbing and amazing... As great as she was in Juno, she was better in Hard Candy...

My only complaint about Juno was that the whole Bateman-Garner thing was a colossal downer in a movie that was otherwise pretty light...

4. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I thought it added a little depth in hindsight. As I was watching it, I was very distracted. But I think it sets it up perfectly with the note on the back of the bill.

5. Mizzougrad96

Don't get me wrong, it's well-done and very realistic, but it was hard to watch...

6. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I'm with you 100 percent.

7. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, I was kind of rooting for a happy ending... :D

8. frozen tundra

frozen tundra Member

The Missus and I watched this the other night for the first time and we both thought it solid all the way around. Perhaps especially so because Mrs. Tundra is preggers with Tundra Jr. The ultrasound scene was especially funny since we'd just had one recently.

Of course, Mrs. Tundra isn't a junior in high school, so the realism only went so far...

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I still say that the Rainn Wilson scene in the beginning is one of the funniest things I've seen in a mainstream movie in a while. And, really, it wasn't even all that special if you think about it. Just solid delivery all around.

10. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Just watched it for the second time on dvd after catching it in theatres and i still loved it. Truly surprised how much i enjoyed it the second time around.

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I didn't think any actress in any movie last year had a performance better than Page's in Juno.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So was Bleeker. That's how things got kicked off.

Draft saved Draft deleted