1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About to watch Juno for the first time, wish me luck.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Apr 28, 2008.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

To me, if you take out the whole "Let's pretend she's going to bang Jason Bateman" angle and add in a little more "How is she adjusting to being pregnant", it would have a perfect hour and a half. That whole Mark recapturing his youth thing was crucial to the plot, but to me it dragged a bit. Everything else was gold though, best comedy of 2007 for sure.

2. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

17) Umm, whoa. Powerful scene.

3. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

18) This is SUCH a good movie. So so so well acted. JK Simmons is fantastic.

4. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

19) "So, can we make out now?"

5. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe that there was a better actress in any movie last year...

6. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Final Verdict:

Wow. Simply, wow.

In my top-10.

Not as funny as I'd heard, but about 1,000 times better than I imagines.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

My wife and I really enjoyed it. We very rarely go to the movies (why the hell would I bother when we can watch two movies at home for the same price, sans the 87% chance of sitting near idiots in the theatre) but Juno was well worth the trip.

I think I'm in the minority on the Bateman plot device. I never really thought they'd hook up, but there was some chemistry there between the girl who was being forced to grow up too fast and the guy who wished he'd never been forced to grow up. I still say when she was dancing with him that she realized that was her prom right there.

I thought it was a good storyline and that it was handled right. By that point, it was clear the movie was way too smart and faithful to its audience to actually hook the two of them up.

8. The key word in the whole script is "shenanigans."

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If there are any doubts that Ellen Page is a serious actor, I'd recommend "Hard Candy", made a few years back when she was about 18.

Very disturbing film.

10. That's a big 10-4.
    VERY strange film.

11. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Just saw it last night for the first time. Fantastic film. Allison Janney, I thought, was very good.

12. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I got the impression with the Mark/Juno storyline that Juno was just looking for someone to think she was pretty. Paulie was ignoring her, all her clothes were now maternity and she just needed to feel like she could get laid.

Draft saved Draft deleted