1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About to make the leap from BlackBerry to iPhone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Big feet? Yup, I got em... (Size 14...)

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The touch screen is, in fact, my biggest concern.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm downgrading the phone significantly.
    My bb is more phone than I need now that I have my iPad. The iPhone would be more phone than I need.
    I'm downgrading to a phone with a qwerty pad. I don't need any other functions on my phone anymore.

4. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Now that I have had a BB and an iPhone, I have no idea why anyone would want a BB.

Mine was the Curve and a total piece of shit.

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Different strokes for different folks. I can't understand why anyone with human hands would want an iPhone given the crappy touch "keyboard" and the tiny screen.

6. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I turn it sideways to type and have no problems with it and I have fat fingers. The screen is a good size, much bigger than my BB.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I tried numerous touchscreen devices from iPhone to Android, but since I send out more than 100 texts a day for work, I just couldn't get it done with them. Went right back to BB and have never regretted it. That being said, I am sure there are a thousand different reasons to choose whatever phone works best for you.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

I love my iPhone for all the things I can do on it. I miss my Blackberry because I typed so much better on it.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

So this three-day Blackberry outage has apparently hit the US, and I am ready to kill someone. Determined to resist the iPhone, because of the typing, and I'm addicted to Blackberry Messenger. But this really has me rethinking the whole thing.

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

There's never a good time for a Blackberry outage, but this seems like a particularly bad one. I love my Blackberry and can't seem myself going to an iPhone. Not being able to type on it is the main reason, but not the only one (even though I have small hands, touch screens don't register my touch. Watching me try to use a touch screen is hysterical.). For me, the most important thing is being able to type on my device. It could have all the cool apps in the world, but if I can't quickly type a long message, it's useless to me.

RIM needs to get it together. And quickly.

11. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Is that like being a Vampire, with no reflection in a mirror? :)

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I guess. I think it's a combination of low blood pressure and cold fingertips. At a drive-through ATM recently, I had to get my 7 year old cousin to climb over the seat, lean out the drivers side and press the buttons for me. I think she got a kick out of it, but it was very frustrating.

Draft saved Draft deleted