1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ABC's "What would you do?"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doodah, Jan 20, 2012.

1. doodah

doodah Guest

While I doubt this show is as "real life" as they claim (meaning I think some of the people walking the streets in the scenes are really actors), I enjoy this show. Anybody else watch it?

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I used to, now it sits in the DVR.

Too many of the situations seem contrived and they often get too preachy about situations where most people would not get involved.

Would you scold a Mom for calling her daughter fat in a department store? I wouldn't and I don't want to feel like I'm doing something wrong for not intervening.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

There is only one "What Would You Do?" in my mind and it stars a surprisingly young and OCD-afflicted Marc Summers.

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

How the hell has Nickelodeon not remade Double Dare or this show or Finders Keepers or Guts ... or any of those early 1990s shows? Seems like a slam dunk nostalgia cash-in.

5. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

What do they show on Nickelodeon now? I probably haven't watched it in 15 years.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I absolutely hate What Would You Do?

If the situation was bad enough for me to step in, and I found that clown step out from behind a curtain ... fuck, I'd snap worse than I did on the actor.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

iCarly, Spongebob, and Victorious take up most of the schedule.

8. doodah

doodah Guest

How is it not copyright infringement for ABC to copy Nickelodeon's show title?

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

ABC does not own the copyright to every show on the network.

10. doodah

doodah Guest

What do you mean? If Nickelodeon has a show with that name, how is ABC also allowed to have one?

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I would ban you, skip.

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I don't know if ABC or another company produces the show, but they likely owned or bought the rights.

Draft saved Draft deleted