1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aaron Hernandez case, "most damning evidence yet"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Well, at least the recipient respected his wishes and didn't share it with social media. ::)

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

How can you be sure it was recipient who released letter? Maybe it was one of guards who made copy.
    Wonder if all outgoing mail is reviewed.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That would still make that person the recipient (if not the intended recipient), no?

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He's in jail so he couldn't have done this one, too, right?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/aaron-hernandezs-uncle-dies-car-114029364--nfl.html

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

At what point is the media going to note that Hernandez is Hispanic and Lloyd was black? Race seems like a potential motive, and I frankly don't understand why the media feels the need to protect us from that fact. The people want to know.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Has that been hinted at, at all, by the prosecution? Or are you just trolling?
    Prevailing theories seem to be that Lloyd knew about Hernandez's thuggery and was talking too much, or that Hernandez had some personal beef with him. Haven't seen race suggested as a motive at all.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

See this comes up when there's nothing else, like when someone cannot think of something clever to joke about so, guess what? Let's go to the race card. Pure laziness.

Hernandez killed Lloyd because he was hispanic and Lloyd was black? Yeah that was it, ignore everything else. Stupid.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You'd have to read the thread about the Australian baseball player murdered in Oklahoma to understand that Dick is trying to zing me.

But, since these two were friends/acquaintances it's understandable to assume that a disagreement or issue that came up between the two led to the murder. There was no reason to wonder if race was a motive.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Jeez, strawman much?

Dick did not affirmatively say race was the motive, nor did he suggest that we should "ignore everthing else." Instead, he simply asked whether it was fair for the media to at least "note" their race and consider it as a "potential" motive.

Quite a difference between those words and your mischaracterization.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Maybe you should quit assuming things, dumbass.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Pardon me?

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Zinging you for making assumptions about me on another thread.

You have a short memory today. I assume you've been drinking since noon.

Draft saved Draft deleted