1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AA charges soldier $100 for extra baggage

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SockPuppet, Jul 30, 2008.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Well, he is flying American Airlines. That's pretty dangerous in itself.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

WFFW

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yep.

AA can play for keeps because they know the services will reimburse, as t_b_f has pointed out.

'Twould be nice were the airlines called out collectively on this one. I know the legacy carriers are in bad shape, but in effect, the taxpayer is being asked to step up to pay for the airlines' cheesiness in this specific area, and it leaves a very bad taste.

4. SigR

SigR Member

So I guess by most people's standards in this thread, a soldier ought to be entitled to handouts wherever he goes. He goes to McDonalds, the manager ought to have the authority to push a button for the free meal. What does it hurt McDonalds bottom line anyway. It's kind of sad that we ask the taxpayer to pick up the bill for the soldier's meals anyway. /rolls eyes

You are asking a business to work for the military for free. Maybe it is a reasonable PR move, but realistically, how many people are upset that an airline would charge the military for shipping gear?

The Airlines don't need to be called out. Individuals who think that private enterprises exist to serve the military ought to be called out and perhaps awarded a copy of the Constitution.

5. Mizzougrad96

Please go die.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Succinct and to the point. Brilliant, really.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Seconded. Or thirded. Not sure on the protocol here.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think AA deserves their money, but let them collect directly from Uncle Sam. How many enlisted men do you know who can afford to give the Army an interest-free loan for a day or two?

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I would go as far as saying that if I owned a McDonald's I might give some soldiers a free meals. It would be thee least I could do. And its not a handout. Its more of a way of saying thanks for doing the most dangerous job in the world for the good of your country.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Moreover, you're an asshole.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, mustang, he sure is ...

12. Mizzougrad96

I'm just trying to figure out which former name he used to post under.

Draft saved Draft deleted