1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Walk into the Sunset - The Kid retires.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsDish, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

There is also no evidence yet that Lance Armtstrong did anything illegal, but I don't think there are too many people who follow cylcing who don't think he was on something, considering ALL his competion was caught out. Could be his stuff was undetectable.

2. TheSportsDish

TheSportsDish New Member

I realize everyone is just playing devil's advocate..

Life on the line though, is Griffey clean or dirty, I'm saying he was clean. I think most of you are too.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I agree, I just would never report it as fact.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll never forget when he tried to attack Bob Kravitz at the all-star game. It was one of the only times in my career that I thought a player was going to physically attack someone with hundreds of witnesses.

Great player, but good riddance.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Only Neyer, a know nothing stathead, says definitively that Griffey did not use steroids.

The other three clearly do not make definitive statements

6. Mizzougrad96

I don't think Griffey ever used steroids, but we heard for years how A-Rod was one of the clean ones as well.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Well, Neyer didn't actually say that. He said people would say that, which they have.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

He did not write "people will say." He wrote "it will be said..." To me, he is saying it.
    If not, than none of the four said definitively that he did not use steroids and sportsdish is 100% wrong.

9. Mizzougrad96

I don't know who the last home run hitting player who anyone can say was "clean"

It might be Griffey. It might be Frank Thomas. It might be Pujols. It might be none of the above.

10. TheSportsDish

TheSportsDish New Member

Answer the question...

Your life is on the line....Griffey do them or not do them?

What's your answer?

That makes everything I've said completely relevant and the PERCEPTION of Griffey as our clean player in an era of dirty ones is accurate.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

From 1996-2000, Griffey averaged 50 home runs and 137 RBI’s per season. No one in the history of baseball had a better 5 year stretch. No one.

PEDs

I'd bet my life on it.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

From 1996-2000, Griffey averaged 50 home runs and 137 RBI’s per season. No one in the history of baseball had a better 5 year stretch. No one.

Bonds

2000-2004

Draft saved Draft deleted