1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A very private, intimate ceremony

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll say it: Ashley Biden is hot. I expect 21 and Lugs to give her mad props for those toned arms any minute now. ]

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

She's a 9.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure the absence of 1,000 guests, and 100's of dignitaries means this wedding was intimate or low key.

Could it have been bigger? Sure.

But, have you ever attended a Church wedding with 200 guests, a 27-person bridal party, and a Vera Wang designed dress, and described it as intimate and/or low key?

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Seems like you're making assumptions of what the ceremony was, instead of actually finding out what it was.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

1) 200 people is not a large wedding. For people with money, it's probably quite a bit on the small side.

2) Daughter of hifalutin dignitary ... Delaware ... anyone do any motor-boating?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

YF: I'm FROM Delaware. Me, my two brothers and my two nieces all had Delaware society weddings (not all located in Delaware, mine was the big room at St. Pat's). And yes, those two adjectives might be appropriate.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I found this to be an odd passage in the story:

"It’s not so uncommon for politicians in high places to see their daughters marry into families of Jewish descent, when you consider former Vice President Al Gore’s daughter Karenna and Andrew Schiff, and Chelsea Clinton and Philadelphia’s Marc Mezvinksy."

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Must be a passion topic.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It's an inaccurate lede, but I'm not expecting great prose from someone tasked to write a wedding story.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

A 27-person bridal party is freaking ridiculous.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think we can all agree that the honeymoon can be accurately described as intimate. I would hate to think of the parameters of one that wasn't.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If there was a Bulwer-Lytton Non-Fiction Award, this sentence would be a candidate.

The overall ambiance was as mild as the warm windswept day; low key and well protected by the Secret Service.

Draft saved Draft deleted