1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A uniquely SJ.com Super Bowl betting game!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Feb 4, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

OK, so we know you can bet on literally everything connected to the Super Bowl tomorrow (or today, I guess). Never mind betting the winner of the coin flip...apparently, you can even do two-sport parlays or some shit where you guess who will score more points: Gilbert Arenas or the Bears.

But no one's ever figured out a way to bet on SportsJournalists.com during the Super Bowl...TIL NOW!!! :D

As always, Super Bowl Sunday will be one of the heaviest posting days of the year at SportsJournalists.com. Whether we're reclining in our living rooms, working the desk, surfing the laptop at a friend's house, jerking off as one gazes into his weightlifting trophy case or, in rare cases, WORKING THE GAME, we all feel the insatiable desire to share our running thoughts on the game with six thousand-plus of our closest Internet friends. So here, for your gambling pleasure, are a few over/under bets regarding Super Bowl Sunday at SportsJournalists.com!!!***

NUMBER OF POSTS ON THE SUPER BOWL RUNNING THREAD BETWEEN 5 P.M. FEB. 4 AND 1 A.M. FEB. 5: 435.5

NUMBER OF POSTS BY COLUMBO ON THE SUPER BOWL RUNNING THREAD DURING THIS TIME: 435.5 118.5

NUMBER OF TIMES COLUMBO CALLS SOMETHING HE'S JUST SEEN THE GREATEST THING EVER: 5.5

NUMBER OF TIMES BYH AND COLUMBO HURL INSULTS AT ONE ANOTHER: 10,915.5 9.5

NUMBER OF TIMES BYH CALLS PEYTON MANNING A FRAUD: 11.5

NUMBER OF TIMES BOOM MAKES A KAREN CROUSE CRACK: 8.5

NUMBER OF TIMES SOMEONE POSTS A FRANKENSTEIN PICTURE WHEN TALKING ABOUT REX GROSSMAN: 3.5

NUMBER OF TIMES BEARSSportsJournalists.com DEFENDS TANK JOHNSON: 7.5

NUMBER OF TIMES ANGOLA DECLARES THE SEAHAWKS SHOULD HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL LAST YEAR: 111.5

NUMBER OF TIMES OZ AND OUTOFPLACE TELL ANGOLA TO LOOK AT THE SCOREBOARD: 111.5

NUMBER OF TIMES SLAPPY MAKES A MATT MILLEN CRACK: 4.5

NUMBER OF TIMES JDV SAYS SOMETHING ALONG THE LINES OF HOW HE PROVABLY AND DEMONSTRABLY ONCE THREW A BALL OVER THAT MOUNTAIN: 4.5

NUMBER OF TIMES YAWN COMES ON AND REMINDS US WE'VE ALL FORGOTTEN ABOUT NEW ORLEANS: 2.5

NUMBER OF REFERENCES MADE HERE TO CROWN THEIR ASSES: 3.5

NUMBER OF TIMES RAMBO POSTS SOMETHING NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND: 35.5

NUMBER OF TIMES SOMEONE REFERENCES BARBARO IN A COLTS POST: 6.5

NUMBER OF TIMES SPORTSCHICK EXPRESSES HER LOVE FOR PEYTON MANNING: 107.5

NUMBER OF TIMES ARCHIE MANNING IS CAPTURED ON CAMERA: 1,763.5

More to come if I think of them!

There are no actual prizes for participating in this game. All sales are final. All decisions by thread starter are final. Whatever.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Apparently I will have to bring my laptop to my friend's house tomorrow so I can beat the under.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

At least this year I won't almost get banned like I did last year when I said something to the effect of I wanted everyone in Pittsburgh to die. Moddy really didn't like that one.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh, but it's early.

Who knows what Oz and Outofplace and InkyWretch and the rest of SteelernationSportsJournalists.com have in store for you? :D :D

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

over

under

over

over

under - you won't have the chance.

under - I don't know who Karen Crouse is.

hmm, in honor of DyePack, I'm going with over.

over

under - though I may surpass it in the post Super Bowl threads.

over - they will post that shit no matter if I do or not.

over

under - but he will say that he did each cheerleader that is seen on TV.

over

over

over

over

over, by 100 posts at least

under, he will be captured 1,762.5 times.

over, even if he is at work it will still be the over.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That is true. But I expect to actually eat before I start drinking this year. Plus, it isn't at my house, so I have to get home somehow. Apparently it would not be a good idea for me to consume 19 beers on an empty stomach like last year and then attempt to drive.
    Also, I have to give you the ultimate props for this thread. Excellent idea.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I will not express my love of Peyton that many times. IJAG and I together might though.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Whatever. Are you working? If so, then you definitely will.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

You are the closest thing to Rainman this board has.

True idiot savant.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, I appreciate the compliment, but so far you're the only one who likes it. :D

Plus, an SportsJournalists.commer is coming here tomorrow and I figure it'll be funny when the rest of the crowd looks at us funny when he asks "So who's winning your over/under poll?"

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Goddammit, dickhead, you forgot:

NUMBER OF TIMES SPNITED CALLS TANK JOHNSON A FUCKING SCUMBAG THUG CRIMINAL WHO SHOULD BE IN JAIL: 8.5

I'm working, so the number will be low. Take the under.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

HAHAH I honestly meant to add that. My bad.

Please add spnited's contribution to your list, folks.

Draft saved Draft deleted