1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A tweet gone horribly wrong? Or is this guy an idiot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Precious Roy, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I second that. The kick to the face, when he runs back out, is just outstanding.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's a crime it's taken this long to acknowledge the sheer fucking awesomeness of this post.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Loved that among Traber's claims to fame is being among the worst Orioles ever. And if anyone on here posts to OKC boards feel free to share the video on them. It's a shame that thing only has 150,000 views.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wait a freaking minute...IT'S THE SAME GUY?!

Oh my goodness. That is better than awesome.

5. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I just popped it on my Twitter, so maybe it will be picked up by the same show. We're all thinking of calling the show on Monday to ask what the shoe tasted like.

6. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Hell...I was going to suggest a barage of calls where we talk about how nice it is in Seattle compared to OKC.

And for the record, I don't think Traber's the biggest douchenozzle in sports radio. That title would go to JT the Brick and Tomm Looney.

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

because of Traber i may have to root for OKC to go 20-62 each of the next two seasons to see if they still sellout and if he talks about how great the fans are. Collison is very patient. He tried to explain the same thing about 15 times and never got angry.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

And the whole time Collison's thinking, "What a dickbag."

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Larry Sheets is pissed he was snubbed in favor of Milligan.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Fuck that. Larry Sheets made an All-Star game. He had his moments, and once hit a ball out of Tiger Stadium. Traber just fucking took playing time away from a clearly better Milligan and for some reason way unbeknown to me, Frank Robinson continued to let him. It was a crime.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

My first thought, too. Holy crap, that is all kinds of awesome.

I must have had 200 of these:

[​IMG]

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Apparently there is a "Jim Traber drinking game" built around his broadcasts. Sounds epic. Among the ground rules:

One Drink:
    Take one drink for every time Traber says: “Big Fella” | “Yard Bird” | “Gentlemen” | “Solid” | “Diamondbacks” | “Jules” | “Norman North” | “Where’s Al” | “Larry Fedora” | “Daggonit” | “Big Fly” | “Corner Man” | ” Psychos” | “Humper” | “Those OU fans” | “TheLostOgle.com. I really love those guys!” | “Steelers” | “Baltimore”

Two Drinks:
    Take two drinks each time Traber:
    • Forgets a name
    • Has a producer look up a simple sports stat or reference
    • “Gives it up” to himself

Three Drinks:
    Take three drinks each time Traber:
    • Instructs a 45-year old man how to break in a new baseball mitt
    • Shapes the minds of our youth
    • Talks about gout, his son or his ex-wife

http://www.thelostogle.com/2007/08/14/the-jim-traber-drinking-game/

Draft saved Draft deleted