1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A trivial Twilight Zone visit...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

This probably means nothing, but I found it rather bizarre.

The other night, I'm watching Sanford and Son, my laptop nearby. Fred mentions "Oakland vs. Minnesota" in the episode, so I was curious to find out when the episode originally aired. A visit to www.imdb.com. The episode aired right around the time of Super Bowl 11. I then click on the actor biography for "LaMont" as I never did hear much about him.

He has the same b'day as I do.

Fast forward to this morning. I have the "The Incredible Hulk" on for background noise while I finish up a couple quick email things before getting ready to head out for the day. Curiosity gets the better of me, and I return to www.imdb.com to see what ever happened to the actor who plays reporter Jack McGee.

He has the same b'day as I do.

This is not something I do as a rule, so to find out both actors shared my b'day was just a bit weird.

I now return you to your regularly-scheduled SportsJournalists.com.

2. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

This is all too weird
    I'd be expecting to at some point today have an encounter with that fella Kulchack, (Darren McGavin) the Night Stalker, if I were you.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

And that's Carl Kolchak, The Night Stalker.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Just curious, does Nathan Poole share a birthday with you as well?

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Wow, the Hulk is on. This site can be useful.

Good episode, too -- David Banner gets stuck in transformation.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Who's Nathan Poole? ???

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

This post brings back wonderful memories of curling up with my grandfather, "Paw," as we called him, in his recliner.

I was a skinny kid, and he was a skinny man.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

For any L.A. natives, the real Night Stalker is Richard Ramirez. I was 13-14 when he ran around killing people in random cities around SoCal. Scared the fuck out of me cuz I thought I'd be next. I still remember the Sunday morning when every TV station in LA broke into programming to report he'd been caught.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I had forgotten how classic that Hulk episode was. The scientists were particularly amusing.

"Hey, let's torment the giant green guy and see what happens."

"Hey, he's getting mad. I know, let's introduce a piece of radioactive rock and see what he does! Oh, no! He's smashing through the floor!"

Bill Bixby's acting talents were always unappreciated.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

One of my favorite Golden Earring songs ...

Draft saved Draft deleted