1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A thought on "The Good Wife"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by LongTimeListener, Nov 14, 2011.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Seems like enough of us watch this show that maybe someone can help me out or comment on this.

Kalinda as lesbian temptress.

OK, come on, who didn't love her playing around with the married-but-hot blonde prosecution investigator last season? As we are all watching the show with our wives, it sure keeps us interested and drives ratings higher.

But then last night there is the subtext with Cary's work partner (and obvious future romantic flame). Are we to believe that she will now try (and often succeed) in seducing every very attractive, otherwise heterosexual female on the show? Or is this plotline just going to end with one complicated tri-racial menage a trois?

I think the show continues to be written very sharply for network TV. But I don't fully understand this little web -- OK, I understand it, who am I kidding. But I saw a piece a few years ago that traced the demise of certain shows to their dalliance into the lesbian storyline -- Roseanne with the Mariel Hemingway kiss, Desperate Housewives had a smooch between Gaby and Susan I think. The thought on that piece was that it was a battery re-charge for a show that was losing steam. That's not the case here, though, so is it worth it?

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Not to mention the dalliance with the woman who plays the love interest on Royal Pains. I can't be objective on this, as Archie Punjabi pushes all my hot buttons, but I'd ssay, as much sex with as many characters as possible

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Speaking of kinky lesbian sex,

They named dropped Krystal Ball on last night's episode. I'd only heard about her a couple of days before, when she showed up as a talking head on MSNBC. My second reaction to seeing her was, "her name is Krystal Ball? Really?"
    So when she was mentioned regarding a scandalous picture during her campaign, well, naturally, I consulted Mr. Skin Google.

Pretty tame scandal, if you ask me. But kuddos for TGW for name-dropping her.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/10/at_least_one_candidate_for_con.html

Draft saved Draft deleted