1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Sprinkle of Poin to end the weekend

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Jun 10, 2018.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

First off, the age range is rarely something like you're talking about. In this case, for instance, it's 26 and 16.

But, for the sake of... whatever this is... let's say she's not a teacher and he's not a student. A 22-year-old woman would not be charged for having sex with a 17-year-old in some states. She would, however, be charged in many states, such as California, where the age of consent is 18. Your hypothetical 17-year-old would be considered a child. Society has deemed child-fucking against the law, for reasons that I don't feel like I need to defend. So, she would be breaking the law.

However, in all of the Poin cases, the woman is a teacher and the male is a student. Which puts her in what's legally known as a "position of trust" or a "position of authority" and the student in a "position of dependency." In which case, the student can never give consent, no matter the age. Because he might feel pressured to have sex for the sake of his grades, for instance. What you see as a "consenting teenager" is quite possibly not consenting, and will be fucked up for life, because his teacher decided she would like to have sex with him.

Also, JESUS CHRIST, MAN, FUCKING BECAUSE.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  2. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Good points. Some thoughts.

If I am your professor and say I will fail you if you do not have sex with me, that is a crime.

If I go to my professor and say I will have sex with you if you give me an "A" the professor should be fired but did not commit a crime.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Is your opinion identical if it's male teachers screwing underage female students?

4. Just the facts ma am

Wow
    No

5. Just the facts ma am

There is a difference between men and women.

6. typefitter

Are we moving the goalposts? We're talking middle and high school teachers on these threads. Several states have decided anyone fucking anyone under the age of 18 is a crime—never mind the circumstances or reasons. It's black and white.

Even in the second scenario you've described, the professor isn't being blackmailed. She's essentially encouraging the student to prostitute himself. That's... criminal.

If we're talking professors—as in, the students are over the age of consent—it changes things somewhat in the eyes of the law, but there are still places where she could be charged with rape, regardless of the ages, because she's still in a position of authority.

Stoney likes this.
  7. typefitter

NIGHT NIGHT

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

So you honestly think our criminal statutes should discriminate by gender?

Underaged boys are fair game for female teachers. Underaged girls mean prison for male teachers. Is that the gist of what you're proposing here?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Her nickname has to be Titty.

10. Just the facts ma am

I do not think teenagers are harmed by looking at pictures of naked people. I was a teenager in the 70's. Based on my experience, and IMHO sexual repression is bad. I understand this opinion is unpopular these days.

11. Just the facts ma am

Men and woman are different. Men have penises. Women have vaginas.

12. Just the facts ma am

God in her ultimate wisdom, made human beings to have overwhelmingly sexual feelings at age 12-14. Planned Parenthood to their credit, educates why you should use contraception.

Draft saved Draft deleted