1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A soon-to-be-running NBA Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nafselon, Jun 27, 2006.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I don't know how he hasn't gotten the St. John's job by now. Dude is money in NY.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's hilarious that some of you Gamecock fans seem to think Balkman is just what the Knicks need, because he "hustles, plays defense, does the little things, digs out loose balls" ect.

Funny, if only because Knick fans have been saying the same thing about Channing Frye...

and David Lee...

And Malik Rose...

Congrats, Knick fans. Your team drafted a guy who dominated the NIT, and with a little luck, he might someday be the next Malik Rose, except he can't guard centers because he's 6-5.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

He does, however, have really cool hair.

4. Double Down

I just hope Balkman and David Lee don't ever crack heads at mid-court when they're diving for a loose ball, because then who will rebound, play defense and do all the little things for the Knicks?

Well, besides Malik Rose.

5. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

So, Double Down, what should they have done? Taken another scorer to add to Marbury, Francis, etc., etc. etc.?

I mean, you're a smart guy. So play Thomas. Forget he's gotten himself into the mess: what do you do now?

Take another guy who wants to shoot 25 times a game?

6. Double Down

How about take Marcus Williams and trade him to some team that needs a point guard, for starters? Apparently everyone on the Trailblazers roster was avaliable last night, why not give them a call? At least get some fucking value for that pick. Don't go drafting guys who you could have gotten after the draft. Isiah's excuse about Phoenix being ready to take Balkman at 21 was a lie. And if it was true, oh well. Let someone else screw up and reach, because you can't afford to fuck up anymore. The only thing the Knicks have more of than shitty two guards is shitty small forwards.

And even if you do take Williams, at least you have a true, pass-first point guard. Who gives a fuck if he's stealing labtops or he's fat? At least he's going to get the ball to people instead of jack up threes.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I would day Double Down had a dead-on assessment there. Phoenix's scouts are too good, there's no way they were going to take Balkman, who could been been had hours later.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

I agree. Balkman just made sure that 10 more unprepared players will head to the draft next year. The Knicks and Thomas will single-handedly put a huge dent in college ball in two years.

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Sooooo....

Name your five draft winners and five draft losers (teams, that is. not players, cities or fans)

10. 1) All TV analysts please stop referring to Marcus Williams as "the steal" of the draft, or at least have the self-awareness to chuckle when you do.
    2) We'd like to welcome the Celtics to the Entourage Era of their proud history. Sebastian carries a pit crew with him bigger than that of Jeff Gordon.

11. Double Down

I just want to know how long Isiah gets to coast because he drafted Tracy McGrady? About the only good thing you can say about him as an executive is that he drafts well, but does he? Does picking McGrady 10 years ago really absolve him of all his other dumb decisions? Like giving away Kurt Thomas and his good contract for tiny-ass Nate Robinson, Quinten Richardson and his bad contract? Like giving away the second pick in this year's draft for Eddie Curry's bad heart and refusal to rebound?

The Bullls also have the right to switch picks in 2007 with the Knicks, so if the Knicks finish with worst record in the league and David Stern rigs the lottery so they get the No. 1 pick, guess who gets to draft Greg Oden? The Bulls.

12. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I believe he also nabbed Damon Stoudemire and Marcus Camby while in Toronto. His draft of Channing Frye, Nate Robinson and David Lee last year seems to be solid as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted