1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A soon-to-be-running NBA Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nafselon, Jun 27, 2006.

1. this_guy

this_guy Guest

Please interview Isaiah before this night is done.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't think the Telfair trade was a bad idea.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Everyone from South Florida is a bust in anything they do.

HI Webby!!

4. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Hey, the Hawks got another forward. Apparently they're going for a 5-forward lineup.

5. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

:D ;D

Kind of the anti-Suns

6. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Vitale was not in the building. He only travels this time of year if he's getting a $50,000 fee for being the featured speaker.

In fact, he was doing it from his mansion in Sarasota, and he bailed out after the first round. Said it was too late for him.

I guess somebody informed him that Lee Melchionni wasn't getting drafted anytime soon.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Vitale was too distraught about Redick going 11th. He just found it too hard to continue.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So did Houston trade Rudy Gay to Memphis or didn't they?

ESPN says one thing, AP another.

My headline awaits: "Gay or Not Gay."

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Agreed. Those are two good picks. Not only can thry play, but there aren't character issues/baggage to go with them. And Telfair hasn't exactly done much.

Of course, they did take on Raef LaFrentz's contract. I'm a Jayhawk, and I wouldn't take him. But so it, they are making progress.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I suppose Gerry McNamara will have something to laugh about 10 years into his NBA career.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Biggest news of the night as far as I'm concerned: Bucks change colors back to green and red.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Now they're the Bucks again, not those purple and green frauds/monstrosities they've been for over a decade. I will likely buy my first Bucks gear the 80s.

Now bring back the Mecca acid trip floor and all will be well in the universe.

12. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

Raef's contract is nearly a wash with Ratliff's, except the Blazers are on the hook for a third year at $11 million.

Draft saved Draft deleted