1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A slap in the face of the high and mighty writers?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by creamora, May 8, 2007.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

This isn't nearly as big an issue as most people think. For every Jeff Kent, there's 10 guys who love playing on the same team with him.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

A billion home runs and RBIs make an asshole easier to have around. Plus, he's cheating to help you win, not beat you.

3. cranberry

OK, I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong but I'd like to know what he did or how he acted with you that gave you that impression.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You know, I believe he is a prick through my own experience, first-hand accounts and the crap we've all read. And I don't care. I have always been a big fan of his.

And yet I still believe he used illegal PED's and that without chemical help, he would not be closing on Hank Aaron's record.

5. cranberry

So what was your own experience, though? What did you see?

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

7. cranberry

http://thesoulofbaseball.blogspot.com/2007/02/my-barry-bonds-admission.html

Here's one of my favorite stories. Now, getting back to the question I asked, am I the only one here that's actually seen Barry mistreat another human being? Come on. That can't be right. On a message board full of sports writers? Does anybody have a personal story they can relate that shows what a jerk he is? Anybody?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted