1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A sign for the ages

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

[​IMG]

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Nevermind that the last presidential election featured a Democrat who served his country in a war overseas, while the Republican candidate was someone who dodged service.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Details, details.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Definitely a sign for the ChickenHawk party, no doubt.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

SJ needs a Cultural Revolution badly.

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Perhaps the lettering can be amended to read:

"We'll act tough, your kids will take the bullets"

7. How could we forget that? After all, wasn't Kerry's only campaign talking point "You know, I served in Vietnam"?

8. You know, Democrats win wars.
    Off the top of my head, I'll say FDR/Truman for WWII and Wilson for WWI (I hope I'm remembering that right).
    Name a true war won by a Republican. I'll even grant you the Civil War, but calling Lincoln a Republican is a stretch since things have changed so much since then. If Repubs get to claim him, then I'm claiming Jefferson for my party, damnit.

9. Sorry for replying to my own post, but I forgot about Truman and Korea.
    Vietnam, which is a loss anyway, goes to Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson and Nixon (two of each).
    Republicans get the Civil War, the Spanish-American War (McKinley, 1898) and Desert Storm (Bush 41).
    Democrats won Korea, WWI and WWII.
    Bush can't exactly claim a victory in his war on terror or claim victory in Iraq, and I'm not sure you can count Afghanistan as a full-fledged war.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

it's actually a sign for the three of you fucking idiots remaining who support president cheney.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Truman was in no way a Democrat of today. A Democrat today wouldn't have dropped a mud ball on an enemy. We'd undone what had been done, the Russians would have had Europe to the Atlantic and we'd diplomatically split the Pacific with the Emperor, who would have still had his clothes on.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

There was uh... ummm...errr.
    Say, wasn't Francisco Franco a republican?

Draft saved Draft deleted