1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A serious Snakes question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by fmrsped, Aug 16, 2006.

1. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

A friend of mine, also dripping in anticipation of this **** movie, posed this one:

How the hell do Sam L. and Co. get the guns on the plane to kill the snakes?

I mean, in this day and age of heightened security, is Sam L., a badass looking black man, going to walk on the plane with AK 47s, and just tell the NSA agent that, well, "I get the feeling some snakes may attack today."

So many questions, so little time left to speculate.

Snakes on a Plane: Catch the fever.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

YES! I've always wanted to do that.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Two more serious Snakes questions:

1. What's the over/under on Snakes' Razzie nominations?

2. Is Samuel L. Jackson a mortal lock to win worst actor this year? If so, should I bet on him?

4. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

isn't he some kind of law enforcement agent, transporting some guy or something?

i feel like that's right at the beginning of commercials i've seen. about some dude testifying or some such nonsense.

not that the details are important. what counts is that there are snakes on the m********** plane!

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Should we have an official Snakes on a Plane thread and sticky it? At least for this weekend?

I've seen a bunch of snakes threads this week.

6. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Yeah, sorry to add another one, but I'm dying in anticipation and couldn't hold it any longer.

7. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

I have a question for you: Are you really calling for logic in a movie about snakes taking over a commercial airplane?

(And, yeah, he is transporting some key witness and must NOT ONLY defeat the snakes but also keep them from killing the witness plus land the plane.)

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Last night, the Daily Show, before its interview with SLJ, showed the clip (bleeped) where he says, "I sick of these muthafuckin' snakes on this muthafuckin' plane!"

Best. clip. ever.

9. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

As horrible as this movie's gonna be (and make no mistake it's gonna be tragically horrible), think how bad it would be if Sam Jackson wasn't in it.

Mace Windu in Snakes on a Plane: The motherfucking force is strong in these motherfucking snakes!

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

"Snakes? Snakes? Where do I know that name from?"[/joepesci]

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Or if it had been Harrison Ford instead of Samuel Jackson...

Indiana Jones in Snakes on a Plane: Snakes! Why did it have to be snakes.

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

maybe it's because i'm an old fuddy or maybe it's because my wife is terrified of snakes but this whole phenomenon does absolutely nothing for me. i'm not ripping the people who are into it and i'm not saying i don't get why people think it's so cool - because i sort of do - but this excites me as much as drinking a glass of water.

Draft saved Draft deleted