1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A-Rod's wife is a classy broad ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Jul 2, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Perhaps it has something to do with the 10 Commandments? Taking the lord's name in vain, for those of us who are Jewish or Christian, is breaking a commandment. That's a big no-no.

Is there any mention of G-d not wanting us to say "fuck" in the New or Old Testament?

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

HB, did you drop your blue font?

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

This is such a lame argument.

Your kids have heard the word. So has your grandmother. But as a courtesy, when I come to your house for Thanksgiving, I'm not going to say, "This is best fucking turkey I've ever had. You cooked your fucking ass off on this meal."

4. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Suzanne Dorn suggested she wear an "I Fucked Derek Jeter" shirt, but she wanted to keep things classy.

Oh yeah ... I agree that the "Derek Jeter has AIDS" shirt is out of line, but "Jorge Posada is a little bitch" is damn funny in the same way that "I'm Rick James, bitch" cracks me up. Maybe I just find the word bitch amusing.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Why would I use a blue font? It was clear I was being sarcastic.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

So screaming out obsenities is less demeaning that wearing a t-shirt? You got to call it both ways.

BTW, Mrs. A-Rod does look kind of fugly. It must be the nose.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

HB's a full member. He can do whatever the hell he wants (as long as he abides by Moddy's rules, like the rest of us clowns).

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

He really MUST read the house newsletter once in a while, though. ;)

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I actually said that just last Thanksgiving.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The issue isn't the wearer's personal beliefs. The issue is the intent to offend those around you.
    I'm not religious, but wearing a T-shirt that said 'god damn' on it might offend people who heed the 10 commandments. Mrs. A-Rod's shirt is considered offensive by a lot of people.
    It's not a crime. It's just classless.

11. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Fair enough. As a noob, I will bow to HB, shotglass, and D3-fan. Continue your conversations, nothing to see here...

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

If you want to have some fun, just add the word bitch to the end of every sentence you say. It'll make ya laugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted