1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A-Rod storms out of hearing, takes to radio, says 'I did nothing'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Nov 20, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10007469/alex-rodriguez-rips-bud-selig-denies-using-biogenesis-supplied-peds

I'm going to take a wild guess that the strain is getting to him a little bit. Today's fun started with a ruling that Bud Selig would not have to testify.

Denying the PEDs is a nice touch, though. If you're going crazy, go all-in crazy. Maybe he and Braun can be teammates somewhere.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The best way for A-Rod to prove he's not on 'roids is to rage about it.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

He was PISSED. Pretty fascinating stuff to listen to on the radio today. Wonder if this will be his Raffy Palmeiro finger wag, or if he'll ultimately come out of this without a suspension.

MLB has botched this thing from start to finish.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Definitely not Palmeiro's finger wag.

When Palmeiro wagged his finger were you thinking, "Oh Raffy, we all know you did it and there has already been a ton of evidence produced that proves it."

Or were you thinking, "Hey it's Rafael Palmeiro. Does he use? Oh well. Where are Sosa, McGwire and Canseco?"

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I was going for the "defiant gesture flatly denying PED usage that later proves to be false."

Draft saved Draft deleted