1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A-Rod finds a way to take the Yankees losing streak off the tabloid covers...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, May 30, 2007.

1. Re: A-Rod finds a way to take the Yankees losing streak off the tabloid covers..

Wasn't The Brass Rail one of the joints that Ronnie Hawkins and the Hawks -- i.e. The Band -- used to play?

2. Wasn't it the Post that also took pictures of Mike Strahan and his mistress at the airport as he flew her in and out of town?

If so, the A-Rod thing is hardly a new low. By crossing into Canadian territory they have just expanded their boundaries.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

This is simply average low for the Post.
    The whole Strahan saga..

Or Paul LoDuca and his 19-year-old last year when they had a pic of him and some young girl and sent a reporter to the Mets lockerroom, picture in hand, to ask LoDuca to identify the girl for them! LoDuca reportedly had to be held back from attacking the writer.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's funny.

5. boots

boots New Member

First off, it's the Post.
    Secondly, this newspaper has a long history of doing sneaky things to prominent people. Reporters have been known to stakeout celebrity homes, especially those of ball players. Some have even gone as far as to follow guys into bathrooms.
    That's not journalism.

6. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

Re: A-Rod finds a way to take the Yankees losing streak off the tabloid covers..

I feel bad for George King today. Not that he'll have trouble doing his job, because he'll still kick everyone's ass. But this won't be a fun day for him.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

this is why i've always urged vac to find another paper. he's so much better than the ny post. he and many of my buds in sports are soooo tainted by working for this rag. i feel badly for all of them, but they picked their poison, i suppose. :eek: :( ::)

8. boots

boots New Member

In George's case as with many of the other good ones there, it was an offer they couldn't refuse.

9. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Would have been entertaining to sit in the Post budget meeting yesterday. Wonder how many different headlines were bandied about, though I suspect this one came about quickly.

10. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

Re: A-Rod finds a way to take the Yankees losing streak off the tabloid covers..

Fine, I'll bite...
    So what other options did the Post consider for its headlines? Anyone? Anyone?
    I'll go with A-Rod with A-Blond for A-night

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

A-Rod's Popped Up

A-Rod's a Frozen Rope

Caught Looking

A-Rod's No Jeter But a Cheater

Tomorrow's headline

A-Rod's Hit By a Bitch

12. Every time I click the link or type www.nypost.com myself, it keeps sending me to Web File. Anyone else having the same problem?

Draft saved Draft deleted