1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Return to Virginity

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Dude, I've already said the woman is wrong to lie. I've also laid out my reasons why I think the guy is also wrong. I don't know what else there is to say.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We will have to agree to disagree then. I believe people have a right to choose what is important to them in a marriage partner, even if I think their reasoning is stupid.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Is it the same as all the BYU students who go to Nevada to get married for the weekend so they can engage in marital sex and then get divorced before they go back to Provo.
    Or is it the same as the religious girls who are okay with anal and oral, as long as their vaginas are left alone.
    I mean before you cast stones, maybe you should check your neighborhood out first.

4. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Who exactly are these girls? Names (last name is fine) and/or e-mails, phone numbers and myspace pages would be super.

Thanks

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'd give up the information, but then you'd make Poin's pedophile beat and you don't want that.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I have Saudi soldiers in my class and have spent time in four Muslim countries, and no matter what the religious rules say, most I've come in contact with drink -- the vast majority.

7. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

This medical practice is booming in Queens, for different reasons. Some women have the operation for medical or cosmetic reasons (vaginal tightness). Then there are the young girls who are forced to have it by their fathers (to save family honor) before the girls get married.
    I don't judge the doctors who perform it, or the girls who are obliged to have it, or even the women who chose to get it.

But why no condemnation for the men who force or encourage "their" women to have their genitals changed, either for a man's pleasure or to save his precious pride? Someone please post the first story of a man being made to prove, either because of religion or custom, that he's a virgin. I won't hold my breath.

8. didntdoit19

didntdoit19 Member

This is a bloody shame.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

What in the world would I "understand" about this nonsense? Or feel charitable toward? The piece recounts the story of a girl who was <i>returned to her parents' doorstep</i> for not being a virgin. What, precisely, should I appreciate about that? Should I appreciate female circumcision, too?

And "culture" is just the word I used, and the word I meant to use.

If you'd like me to bemoan the myriad of problems in Christianity, I can.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think a "purity ball" is a bit, uh, heh, and I'm no fan of the Family Research Council, but you're equivocating some phony dance with a medical operation in which a woman's hymen is reattached so she can be viable for marriage. They're not the same.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I knew several of these "born-again christian" girls in college who claimed they were virgins yet......

They would suck the fluids out of their men then let their men suck and lick the fluids out of them, poke them in the poop-shooter and play stinky pinky as often as they pleased -- then with a straight face they would claim they were virgins and they were saving themselves for marriage.

This one chick actually told me that the only thing which is considered to be losing your virginity in God's eyes is genital inside genital penetration -- which she had never done -- so everything leading up to that -- genital to mouth, genital to ass, finger/hand to genital -- was OK.......

I thought that was the most hypocritical bullshit rationalizations I have ever heard, but I guess it helped her and several of her "virgin" friends sleep better at night....

12. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Where, Dear Lord, were these women when I was going to church?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.