1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A quick chuckle for those of us in preps...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by schiezainc, Nov 3, 2012.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Saw this on the Onion. Had to repost. It's absolutely perfect. :)

http://www.theonion.com/articles/local-sports-reporter-recycles-same-high-school-vo,30223/

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The coach says that communication and working together as a team are the keys to success this season.

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Has a high school coach ever said at the beginning of the season, "I don't think we'll be very good." I guess they mask it behind the words "rebuilding year." But I wish one coach, one time, would just shoot it straight.

4. I opened up expecting a good laugh as always and come to find out what makes it even better, it's a weekly that the paper I work for owns. My boss and I enjoyed it very much

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Big things are expected of the underclassmen.

6. Simon

Simon Active Member

I had a coach say they'd suck but it was off the record.

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

The only problem with trying this around here is that every year, the name "Megan" would be spelled different.

Megan
    Meagan
    Meegan
    Maygan
    Meagyn

8. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

If a coach ever shot straight like that, about 40 parents would make his life a living hell. Even a coach that doesn't expect to win a game has to be optimistic on the record.

And there's not a good chance that he'd tell you anything different off the record for the fear that you'd go ahead and use it, anyway.

9. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Funny stuff, and a great reminder of why I don't miss it.

10. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

thing is, Wells has never beaten Mountain Valley in volleyball ...

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Incidentally, if this is on the up-and-up, any trace of said story has been erased from the Rumford Falls Times website.

But yes, there is a Rumford Falls Times, and yes, they do cover Mountain Valley girls' volleyball ...

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

http://www.theonion.com/

Facepalm.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted