1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question for my fellow Canadians...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DGRollins, Aug 27, 2007.

1. DGRollins

DGRollins Member

By Al Strachan...I read it while standing in Chapters one day.

Oh, and just so any American readers understand...this hockey game that is on my TV. It's a junior game. Teenagers.

2. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

I don't know, I don't understand all the hype about this tournament... it's been ages since Russia was a hockey power anyway, and I really question a junior team that doesn't take Logan Couture (personal bias maybe). It just seems like a meaningless exhibition, and the fact the Canadian games are all on the west coast doesn't do anything to excite me further.

3. DGRollins

DGRollins Member

Dear Pierre,

If you dump the puck from behind the red line and if crosses the goal line without giving the opposing team an opportunity to play the puck that's called icing.

The rules of the game do not say that it's only icing if it was really dumped from behind the red line. That it's OK to just sort of ice the puck.

The European refs actually call that one correctly Pierre. We're the ones that have a screwed up view of that rule.

And after all these years of covering hockey in Europe you would think that you would have figured out that the European refs call the game a bit differently.

SO GET OVER IT, K?

[/rant]

(and, yes, I have ther stupid thing on. I'm too sick to turn the channel).

4. Flash

Flash Guest

I'm just loading it to see if it's worth watching. I suppose, DG, you could look at it as a way of watching future NHLers play. But I, too, struggle to find a reason to watch an exhibition series in August.

It has one saving grace, though. It's not the World Cup or whatever modern bastardization of the Canada Cup the NHL would like to attempt.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I work in junior hockey and wouldn't watch this if they were playing in the rink 50 feet from where I'm typing this. Who gives a shit....

6. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I just spit up my fourth cup of tea in the last hour just reading this....you should send it to him. I am sure he'd love it. ;) ;D

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

We Yanks just suffered through wall-to-wall Little League World Series coverage, including live TV from regionals of pre-teen baseball. I'm sure at AustralianSportsJournalists.com, someone is complaining about under-6 footy on the telly.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

After listening to McGuire call a game, I long to hear Chris Berman's reasoned commentary.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I do hope that I can watch Game Two of this series on Wednesday.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

11. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Nice play, bud.

Draft saved Draft deleted