1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question about Sonic

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by chained2thedesk, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

It's not the same, though, as anyone who has waited tables will attest. I'm not sure what the server wage is these days, but when I was waiting tables, it was $2.13 an hour. Sonic carhops are making at least minimum wage, so it is definitely not the same.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

A&W usually > Sonic. They're harder to find, though. Every little town with 1K population and up has a Sonic now.

Sonic's flavor of the month for December: Mystery meat on Texas toast. Do. Not. Want.

Tots are always good, though. And on their burgers, the more meat and fewer fixings, the better. They never have fresh lettuce and tomatoes.

Watch the carhops, too. They're bad about keeping your change.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You don't cook much do you?

If you don't put a little sugar in certain things (cornbread, thick tomato sauce) it will taste like crap.

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I cook a bit.

Sugar in tomato sauce = good (although basil works about as well if the tomatoes high-quality)

Sugar in onion rings or on the bread for a bacon cheeseburger = bad (at least for me, though I'm probably in the minority 'cause they seem to sell gobs of the stuff.)

I think it's the weird vanilla-like tone, especially when the food has set for a while that, to me , is the most off-putting.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

The Sonic up by my house has both the drive-in slots and the drive-through window. I tip the carhops, a buck plus the loose change. I'd stop, but the carhops seem to know me by now.

Oh, and the wife in the Sonic commercials would so go on that thread about "women I find hot that nobody else finds hot."

6. 93Devil

No, I have noticed her as well.

She is way above the shmo husband.

7. expendable

Her hair started out relatively short when the commercials first began, but now it's quite long.

8. 93Devil

Be sure you don't stalk her.

You have kids to think about... :)

9. expendable

Noted. She's never been to my Sonic, as far as I know. If it came to blows, I'm sure I could take her husband, unless he's packin' a .357 in the driver's door. :D

10. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I tipped the hottie that brought me my large cherry slushie )extra cherry) the silver off of $2.17 this morning.

RB

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

True, but I could also see her blowing up like Violet Beauregard in no-time flat...

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

but a wait person in a restaurant not only brings you the meal, in theory they come back by to refill drinks, to see if the food is ok, to ask if you want anything else, etc.

the carhop does a one-shot food drop-off and is gone.

no tip here.

Draft saved Draft deleted