1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A prime example of why the public has little faith in this profession

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Johnny Jackson, Mar 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Hey! I already brought that up on one of the other riveting threads.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sorry, missed it. As Sunshine says, I should do a better job of following along.

BDC99 likes this.
  3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

4. Well let me refresh you then my new found friend...and pay close attention.
    The coach cared...the players who looked up to him cared...his family cared...and as a responsible small town sports reporter who knew the guy and even published his coaching record I damn well cared. If you are going to write a story about a public figure like this guy was you had better damn well make sure it is 100% dead on balls correct before you publish...if not the story needs to be pulled. I take my responsibility as a sports journalist very seriously and I don't half ass do my job when a person's reputation is on the line. Gould didn't do his job and I don't care if this is discussed 100 years from now it is something we have to be very careful of. Now if you don't give a shit about that maybe you should do something else for a living...understand?

Johnny Jackson, 4 minutes ago Report

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Just for fun, can you tell us what in the story was wrong?

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like you're taking it pretty personally. Might not want to get so close to those you cover.

studthug12 likes this.
  7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

How about you guys do me a solid and not encourage this guy - not able to solve the problem from my current computer. Dig? Thanks much

Lugnuts likes this.
  8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'd just like to issue a formal apology to TSP, who I thought was being a bit of a dick at the start of this thread.

My apologies, TSP.

(EDIT: You came in while I was hitting "send," Moddy. ;))

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Are we not having fun? Also, Johnny no matter the circumstances it's pretty fucking bush league to go after a guy on the jobs board.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No worries

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Me too

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If you get mad at me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

HanSenSE and jr/shotglass like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.