1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A pox on everyone remotely involved with AT&T...go to hell.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Sep 5, 2007.

1. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

If THAT pisses you off about AT/T, read this. It pisses me off beyond belief:

http://pearljam.com/news/index.php?what=News#195

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, sorry, losing my 250 contacts hits me a little harder personally.

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

Stay away from Motorola, their phones suck.
    Buy a phone (like a Treo or Windows Mobile) that synchs with your computer so all of your contacts, texts, info is backed up.
    I am sorry for what happened to you.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Blame your IT department for that fuckup, not Verizon. If your IT department doesn't bother to check that your contacts were transferred properly before returning the phone to you, I would have raised hell with them first.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Are you sure the numbers were saved to the SIM card and not to the phone itself?

Also, it's wise to keep contacts on your computer and sync them with your phone (either via Bluetooth or a cable). That way you not only have both address books updated, you don't have to worry about losing everything.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The new ones were saved only to the phone. But the ones from when I had to switch phones the first time were saved to the SIM card.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

You'd think I would learn my lesson. I lost my phone and 200 or so contacts in January. The phone turned up a month later (after spending 300 bucks on a new phone) and I swore I would sit down and type them into my laptop. It's August. I haven't done it yet.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

How do you know if the number is saved to the phone or to the SIM card?

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

On my phone, the phone saved ones have a blue symbol next to them, and the sim savedones have a yellow square thing that looks like a disc, and there's no symbol next to it that shows mobile or work or home or whatever. Just saved.

10. I currently have AT&T, on my fourth different phone with them (through upgrades). Have had a 2 Nokias, a Motorola (not a piece o' crap RAZR) and currently have an LG CU500. Couldn't be happier with any phone or or service I've had with AT&T. The motorola I had had the screen crap out on me once. Lost my contacts (only about 40, only have people in there I talk to often), but shrugged it off because there's too many other shitty things in the world to worry about that far outweigh losing phone numbers.

Bottom line for me is that this is the price of the technology age. You can have the numbers their at your fingertips, but technology is gonna fuck up from time to time too. In my book, not worth getting worked up over. Sun will still rise tomorrow.

11. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Sorry IJAG, I feel for you. I'm on my third RAZR in two years and last two times I lost all my numbers and ringtones. When I asked if they were going to reimburse me for the ringtones I purchased, which they have record of, they told me I was pretty much SOL.

I'm so scared to put anything on this new RAZR that I only have a handful on numbers stored to memory.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Razrs blow. Period.

I'm going to Verizon (I think) as soon as this contract runs out.

Draft saved Draft deleted