1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new way to get drunk!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070131/hl_nm/handgels_dc_1

At least two people have become intoxicated by drinking hand-sanitizing gels, a potentially deadly habit, doctors reported on Wednesday.

A prison inmate and a hospitalized alcoholic both were treated for poisoning from the gels, which contain alcohol -- but not the same kind as found in beverages.
    The Maryland Poison Center was called about a 49-year-old, usually calm prison inmate who was described as being 'red-eyed,' 'loony,' 'combative,' and 'intoxicated, lecturing everyone about life'," Dr. Suzanne Doyon of the Maryland Poison Center and Dr. Christopher Welsh of the University of Maryland School of Medicine wrote in one letter.

"Other inmates and staff reported seeing this prisoner drinking from a gallon container of Purell hand sanitizer over the course of the evening. "

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That's a whole new type of suds.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

"On the positive side, we've never seen a cleaner colon," said Sgt. Biff Buttcrack, who handles strip searches.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Don't drop drink the soap!

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

When I saw this title, my first thought was, "The old way is perfect and doesn't need to be replaced." Of course, now I see that these fine gentlemen didn't have access to the old way. I hope they said a toast first.

6. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I drank that stuff before. It was called a Zima.

Thank you. Thank you. Good night.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I don't want to see a dime spent trying to restrict access to, or teaching about the dangers of drinking that stuff. Seriously, if your ass is dumb enough to swallow a greasy, oil gel, then maybe the world is better off without you.

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I accidently tasted that shit last year after I put some on and thoughtlessly bit a finger nail or something. How someone could willingly down quantities is beyond me...

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Hey, it's just good clean fun.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Darwinism at work.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a wife convicted of manslaughter last year after she gave her husband a Cuervo enema and he died of alcohol poisoning or something?

12. What cracks me up about this story is that, judging from the way it reads, no one bothered to take the sanitizer away from the inmate.

Draft saved Draft deleted