1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

a new tribulation in job hunting

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by txsportsscribe, Jun 27, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That will teach you to support your library!

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm surprised they didn't go to step 2 on the search. Threaten to hold you there while they brought the drug sniffing dogs to obtain probably cause.

But since you were loitering anyway, I guess they figured you weren't in a hurry and that might not work. Or they were getting ready to get off their shifts.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

txsportsscribe's next thread will be titled "Guantanamo: Not Anything Like Harold and Kumar"

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Didn't they have a bench or something outside you could have used? "Guy sitting in car for a long time" can seem downright stalkerish to some people.

5. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

no benches. and i didn't really have a beef with 1 cop checking me out but 3 cars surrounding me like it was a swat action and then wanting to search my car after they had decided i was ok were a bit over the top. and was really just wondering if anything similar had happened to others.

and mods, feel free to move this to "anything goes." should have put it there in the first place.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

"Move on, nothing to see here"

7. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

8. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

I'm surprised they didn't shoot you with a Taser.

Draft saved Draft deleted