1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new take on Ferris Bueller

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 2, 2009.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Please tell me you knew this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Jones#Sex_offense_arrest_and_conviction

And I missed the joke.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I knew it. It was subtext. Do I have to spell everything out?

3. Pete Incaviglia

Just for an idiot like me.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Cameron's mother is in Decatur. Unfortunately, she's not staying

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

In 1930, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, in an effort to alleviate the effects of the... Anyone? Anyone?... the Great Depression, passed the... Anyone? Anyone? The tariff bill? The Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act? Which, anyone? Raised or lowered?... raised tariffs, in an effort to collect more revenue for the federal government. Did it work? Anyone? Anyone know the effects? It did not work, and the United States sank deeper into the Great Depression. Today we have a similar debate over this. Anyone know what this is? Class? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone seen this before? The Laffer Curve. Anyone know what this says? It says that at this point on the revenue curve, you will get exactly the same amount of revenue as at this point. This is very controversial. Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980? Anyone? Something-d-o-o economics. "Voodoo" economics.

6. Pete Incaviglia

My wife, cute little nerd that she is, has this and its delivery down to a tee:

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thank you, Simone

Draft saved Draft deleted