1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new laptop is in my future

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Sep 16, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yes, because Dell is the ONLY company that outsources.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

The outsourcing is only part of the problem. And as IJAG astutely notes, that's SOP.

The problem is that Dells suck. Hard. See the NY Times business-section story of a couple weeks ago on the problems of Dell.

Any computer brand -- or any item, for that matter -- that has not one, not two but THREE items crash/burn out/melt down in an eight-month span is a USDA Prime Piece of Shit. Period.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's not just that, and you've heard me bitch about Dell enough to know it. Birdscribe nailed it.

Now stay on topic, go fuck yourself and continue writing your pen pal letter to Scott Peterson. :D

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

But, Birdscribe and BYH, your posts basically shit on those of us who have never had a problem.

I mean, I hate XM. I hated the customer service. I hated the people I hated the music. I hate Vonage, with a burning passion.

But I don't shit all over everyone who HASN'T had problems, just because I did. And that's the way yours come across. Instead of "you're lucky you haven't had any problems" we get "Well, your computer's a piece of shit anyway."

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

IJAG, I guarantee you--as sure as I climax within eight seconds--that you are in the minority when it comes to Dell.

That's just it: You ARE lucky. I will bet you anything that your next Dell gives you a heart attack.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I hope I never have to buy another computer. But I've had three Dells now. And never had a problem with any.

Well, I killed my work laptop once. But that was my fault.

7. I've had four Dells and never really had a problem with any of them. The only issue I had was with my desktop and my wireless keyboard and mouse went out pretty soon after I got it. I called Dell and I had new ones the next day.

Buck, I just bought an HP with a 12-inch rotating screen and it weighs less than four pounds. If you want light portability, this sucker is sweet. I go everywhere with mine and I had gotten annoyed with carrying around bulky laptops for years. Mine has 1024 MB of RAM and a 160 GB hard drive ... got it for $900. They make one just like it that's a touch screen for about $200 more.

8. It's a huge pain if you hate dealing with the crowd, but go to Best Buy on Black Friday. Good stuff for very little cash. Best Buy where I'm at had a Toshiba laptop last year for $200.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I got there at 3 a.m., was around the back of the building, and there were no comps left by the time I got in the door.

10. I shouldn't say this ... but I was there with some friends at 6 ........ p.m.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I bow in your general direction.

I should ask off the night before this time around. I always have to work until midnight, then I go home, grab an hour of sleep, and head out.

I do, however, have game plans. I cut out what I'm shopping for, tape it to a piece of paper (1 piece per store) with the store's opening time and then I put them in order of when I'm going. As I drive, I remember what I'm going in for.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Hey PC folk,

Is Vista really as bad as they say?

Draft saved Draft deleted