1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new laptop is in my future

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Sep 16, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You know, you should E-mail Johnny Dangerously. He could tell you if laptops are any cheaper nine days before Christmas....

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The deed, she is done.

Got an HP Intel Centrino duo processor today, 17" screen. 2040MB hard drive, 2 gigs of memory. It seems to sail around the Internet pretty well.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

HP, solid choice Shottie.

4. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Sounds like a winner.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

If you don't mind, Shotty, how much did you plunk down for that monster? I'll be in the market for one soon too, and was doing some browsing tonight at Staples and Best Buy. Thx.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Get a Mac. [/hardcorebutbrokemaclover]

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

buck, total cost was about $1,700. That included the notebook, Norton Anti-Virus and 3-year warranty including accidental damage. Got it at Best Buy.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i started with a mac in 98; had a mac ever since until 18 months ago. decided i was going to make the switch to PC. wasn't sure i'd like PC, so i decided i wasn't going to spend all that much just in case ... so i bought a freakin' dell. i love it. probably will get another once this one goes tits.

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

And it will, Tom. Trust me on this.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

My Dell desktop had the motherboard go haywire less than a month after I bought it.

It's been fine in the four years or so since, but it left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

As all computers eventually do.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Seriously, people who have a choice still buy Dell? seriously?

As Heineken said: One time dealing with Biff or Lance or Brady from India will sour you forever.

Fuck Dell, hard, and in the arse.

Draft saved Draft deleted