1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A New "Fuhrer?"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Journo13, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Not that I've any interest in defending printdust, but I believe you're misstating his point there. He wasn't claiming Republicanism was the reason people dislike Nazis, but rather the reason we're allowed to freely discuss them here, but not muslims.

Printdust's recurring issue is the mods' refusal to let him endlessly wail away with muslim-bashing posts. He thinks muslims and nazis are equally evil, so he figures the reason nazi-bashing stays up but muslim-bashing doesn't must be because the damn liberals in charge here think one's closer to republicanism than the other.

It's still batshit stupid, but not as breathtakingly batshit stupid as what you're suggesting. I believe even printdust could agree on hating nazis.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ok. That makes a little more sense. Not much, but if you are correct, it isn't as monumentally stupid as I thought.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Yawn probably shouldn't be whining about moderators being unfair to him considering they're letting him post under the name printdust even though he's been banned.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

So glad I finally clicked on this thread. I needed to be bombarded by stupidity from all sides for 30 minutes. I feel much better now.

5. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Going back to something that was mentioned a couple of pages ago, when this was still a semi-civilized discussion, Hitler wasn't actually elected to anything in 1933, or at any other time.

He was asked by the president, Hindenburg (who was getting more senile by the day), to form a coalition government and assume the role of chancellor. The Nazis had won the largest number of seats in the parliamentary elections that month, but did not have an outright majority.

The Communists had won the second-largest number of seats, and Hindenburg convinced some of the smaller center-right parties to throw in with Hitler, and accept him as chancellor, in order to prevent the Communists from forming a leftist ruling coalition, which they were close to doing.

The moderate politicians thought they could use their votes in the Reichstag to control Hitler and squeeze him out when he fell on his face, as they expected, but he was the one who outmaneuvered them.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

God that got ignored probably because it wasn't frothing hatred of me, the Yawn they think is me, or whatever. But it's the closest thing to connecting on this page.
    Because, these are the same idiots who can't recall on this board any hint or mention of right-wingers as Nazis or Fascistsm ever. They are also the people who called the party who will dominate in November a "regional party" two years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.