1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

a new eagle in the nest

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Eagles1 in London, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Damn Bill, I think I'm going to have to save that for when I have kids.

This just in: Bill is not Travis Henry.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Bill, will you be my dad?

3. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Arnold -
    You're on your own. I've got enough on my hands with these two. Besides, every bit of wisdom I've ever learned either came from older, wiser men and women or my own mistakes - or directly from my children.
    Even with a 16-year-old and a 19-year-old I'm learnig more every day. It's like a line from a Radney Foster song: "if I knew what I was doing I'd be doing it right now."

4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Eagle, congratulations! It's one of the greatest feelings there is, so enjoy it.

Spend lots of time with the little guy. And don't worry if you work weird hours or whatever. My screwed-up schedule enabled me to volunteer at my son's kindergarten one day a week. Plus, he's met a few of his sports heroes along the way, which was nice.

And whoever said start saving for college now, they were right.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Congrats, Eagle.

Enjoy every single moment.

I know it sounds corny as hell, but he'll be all grown up before you know it.

When my eldest son was a little over two, we had twins boys. I am, therefore, an expert on parenthood. :)

Here's the only piece of advice he'll need through life: keep your head up and your stick on the ice.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Bill, that was a fabulous post, and should be required reading for anyone who is or thinking of becoming a parent.

Another bit of Rosie advice: Don't try to be the perfect parent. There is no such thing. You're going to make mistakes. So don't berate yourself over them, simply learn from them and move on.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Congrats, Eagle family!

8. rallen13

rallen13 Member

Absolutely fantastic post Bill Horton!

And to you, Eagle, may he always be free to fly as high as the eagle and see the world with the keenness of that fine creature.

And if you ever want to know what limitless joy your new eagle will bring to you in the years to come, ask AlleyAllen about Little Man......Or ask me about AlleyAllen.

9. Once he learns to say Dada that means he's just a few weeks away from being able to say "Dallas Sucks."

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I can't quite match Bill Horton (!), so I'll just say make your child's life a happy one. A happy home is life's greatest blessing.

And congratulations.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'd settle for a part-time dad at this point.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

My little girl is 2 and I can barely remember the bottle-feeding days. It really does go that fast.

Congrats!!

Draft saved Draft deleted