1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A New Clubhouse Leader for Worst Uniforms

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Nov 18, 2012.

1. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

They're actually pretty close to the original.

But there's a reason no football team has worn anything like that since WWII. They're ugly.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Agree that Black pants would be better. They should have consulted you FJ.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

To steal a line from a Facebook friend, Oregon and Maryland think they look great!

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

The only good throwbacks are the throwbacks to the 60s and 70s, some of which are damn sharp. Throwbacks to the 40s and 50s nearly always fail.

Which means teams like the Steelers, Packers, Colts and Raiders best not even bother with throwbacks, since they've kept the same look they had in the 70s anyways, and it's a damn good look in all four cases.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Al: "my spotter of over 30 years, Malibu Kelly Hayes, just quit."

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Every time the Chargers wear the powder blue unis with the numbers on the helmets, I think, why can't they just keep wearing those?

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I think the Eagles' unis from a while back were the worst.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I mean I can see some Steelers fans getting that bumblebee uniform. Any Eagles fan that got that atrocity they wore for their 75th anniversary team needs to have their head examined.

Then again, rooting for the Eagles is an exercise in futility.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Boy, I can't see any Steelers fans buyiing in on the Flight of the Bumblebee. They look like they're trying to be the Pottsville Maroons.

Draft saved Draft deleted