1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new book shines light on the soap opera known as the New York Giants

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Sep 2, 2007.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Parcells is as Machiavellian a character as there is in the NFL, owners included. Lie to the media? Don't make me laugh. Remember, this is the guy who enabled the addictions of Lawrence Taylor, to his personal gain.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Tiki has always been about one thing .. Tiki

Just as Strahan -- who has finally decided to grace his teammates with his presence today -- is about one thing ... Strahan.

With Tiki retired and Strahan in his final year probably. whoever succeeds Coughlin after this season's 4-12 debacle will at least have a chance to start turning things around without two major jackasses in the lockerroom

4. Tiki's such a whiner. But hey, I'd be pissed if I never won a Super Bowl either.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Any chance Tiki unretires after Coughlin is gone?

If he does, I hope the Giants don't take him back.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

No chance, wicked...he's gonna be a big-time media star, which is all he ever wanted

7. Baltimoreguy

Baltimoreguy Member

How do you think Eli Manning's feeling about that "San Diego is a dysfunctional franchise, so my dad will orchestrate a deal with the Giants" move right about now?

8. markvid

markvid Guest

If you've seen him on the Today show...he's got a LONG LONG way to go.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Typical Tiki, being the clubhouse lawyer that he is.  I guess his attack on Eli failed miserably, so he's going after Coughlin this week.  Hell, why didn't he go after everyone on the Giants in his SNF debut?  I'm surprised no one in that locker room has ever called Tiki a "house man" for as much teflon he puts on himself to deflect any negative comments being thrown his way. 

Coughlin is a lot like one of my high school coaches: you can't stand him and you may not like him, but either you put that aside and deal with it, or don't play for him. Either way, whining and bitching isn't going to help you get sympathy.

Strahan is 1/4 the guy that Tiki is when it comes to being the NYC media darling.  Tiki is the pretty boy and the kid who can't do wrong in contrast to Strahan being the loud mouth who shouts for attention for every step he makes or does something minor. 

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hard to believe Olbermann won't be the most controversial guy on NBC's pre-gamer. The controversy might be good for Tiki's book sales, but I imagine its going to hurt his likability which is huge in broadcasting. I'm waiting for someone on the Giants to go tell Tiki to go back to his cooking segments and interviews with fourth-place beauty contestants.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I didn't realize that Tiki was supposed to win a Super Bowl just because he is Tiki Barber.

Nothing against you, pressboxramblings, but this line of thinking aggravates me. When did being a very good-to-great player means you automatically deserve to win a championship?

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Because in most cases, those players think that they never won a Super Bowl because of the people around them.

Draft saved Draft deleted