1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new book on UNC's 2009 national title

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by wiedererd, Mar 31, 2010.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Congrats on your drive to be 247 years old.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Elijah Dukes is but The Nationals cut him.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm aflutter over the prospects of a book on the 2010 Tar Heels' inspirational run to the NIT championship game.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Be hilarious if Bobby Frasor turns out to be her recent stalker.

5. nitrobreath

nitrobreath Member

Dan just won an APSE first-place award for a feature on former Clemson basketball Terrell McIntyre (who's about 5-foot-9) finding his niche in Italy and winning league MVP honors over there. I seriously doubt he'd write a suck-up piece simply to appeal to Heels fans. Shilling isn't his style.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Yeah, that sounds about right.

7. The son of a coach.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I'm with ya here -- plugging a book is hard work (I've had three novels published). Any pub is good, especially if you are a non-celeb in this racket.

Have good sales, Dan! Work the circuit of North Carolina, every book store, every radio program you can find!

9. ringer

ringer Active Member

According to B&N, the publisher is iUniverse, which means it's a self-published book, right?

If so, I'm wondering (a) why an award-winning author went that route (b) who does the editing and (c) do you get any help with marketing the book or do you have to generate your own sales?

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

That's okay. The Nats will still win it before the Cubs do.

Draft saved Draft deleted