1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A much-discussed name on SportsJournalists.com

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Fran Curci, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

I see the often-controversial editor in Indy got promoted. Perhaps he is doing something right?

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Chris Jones?

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I have no idea what you're talking about, but there are many examples of where "doing something right" and getting promoted have absolutely no relationship to each other.

4. Fran Curci

Sorry for being coy. Ronnie Ramos apparently making a quick impact since arriving at the Star. Just got promoted. Hard to knock that.

5. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

Much-discussed? If someone put together a list of the most popular topics in SJ history, I'm confident Ronnie Ramos would not make the Top 10,000.

6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I don't know anyone at the Indianapolis Star but remeber the theory of promoting the least qualified man. The least quailified man will never threaten the person who promoted but will instead serve with servile loyalty.

The most prominent example in sports history is when Paul Brown retired as head coach of the Bengals and promoted the O-line coach, Bill Johnson instead of the O-coordinator, Bill Walsh, to head coach.

7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Just so Fran Curci knows he wasn't the only one: I, too, actually did notice that.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's Gannett. Enough said.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

His most notable feat was when, as the NCAA's director of social media, he waged a Twitter war with the likes of the New York Times' Joe Nocera and Yahoo's Dan Wetzel for writing mean things about the NCAA.

Now that's a journalist!

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know people who worked for him in Atlanta, at the NCAA (not sure if it was for him or with him) and in Indy and the opinions are identical....

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's a good thing he left. He'd be having his hands full from the last two weeks.

12. Fran Curci

Mizzou -- what were the opinions? (Talk about being coy ...)

Draft saved Draft deleted