1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A moment of Sunday thought...then and now

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Well, thanks to a Clinton veto in 1995, ANWR drilling was blocked. Clinton's logic was that it would take 10 years for the ANWR oil to have an effect on oil prices anyway. Well, here we are, 13 years later.

Congress back then tried to have a positive effect, but Clinton shut it down.

In 2005, the senate, now in control of the democratics, once again blocked drilling in ANWR.

So that answers both the Congress and President effect on gas prices questions.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Why are we drilling for oil anyway? Shouldn't we dive headfirst into something else? If we're still primarily on oil in 10 years we'll be fucked anyway.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

When they're STILL discovering oil?

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

We could burn coal for fuel and have most of our energy needs met. Coal burns much cleaner than it did even 10 years ago. But we won't because the global warming goons will fight it.

But then, the global warming people don't have a sound alternative energy policy - or to be specific, nothing that doesn't wreck the U.S. economy to the point that the current state of affairs look like 1923. My thinking: If they win that battle, we might as well witness the ruination of the planet because what lives we'll have will be utterly worthless.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Well, it was worry-free even though an ominous cloud hung out over the horizon.

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

So what you're saying is that the $3.00 a gallon gas from April through September 2006 is entirely attributable to a Republican Congress. Gotcha.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

No, he's saying that the Dems said all would be well with the world after they took over.

And it is. After all, this is the party of Global Warming and the consequential $5.00 a gallon rate. Only a matter of time.

8. No Republican has ever failed to deliver on a promise, have they, Yawn?
    Didn't we have a presidential candidate about seven years ago who promised to unite, not divide, this country? Didn't he say he didn't believe in nation-building? Weren't we promised an improved economy?
    Of course, I guess he has lived up to the unifying part -- about 75 percent of us think he's a dismal failure. We're united in our dislike of his performance.

9. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

I know I don't post as much as some people, but I thought I saw a thread Yawn started a little while back that had something to do with him leaving SJ and discontinuing this diarrhea-of-the-mouth routine.

10. That lasted about 12 hours.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Why should Yawn leave? He's got constant entertainment every time he posts. The only people more pathetic than Yawn are the ones who can't leave him alone and are obsessed with responding to everything he posts. He's gotta be laughing his ass off every day that he gets more responses than anyone on this site -- by far. A pitiful reality for this site.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.