1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A lot of HELMETS!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Sep 4, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

No, Canevin's in the Pittsburgh area. It is a nice color scheme. Also like Nativity BVM's choice of colors.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I like the state champion link.

Nice to see the WPIAL holding its own gainst the rest of the state.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Going to be some shock waves this fall with the Philly Catholic League joining the show.

[​IMG]

4. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

The NY helmet project.

http://www.geocities.com/nyhelmetproject/

guy claims to have 898 of 901.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

There is a display in the stadium of Charlotte of all the high school helmets for both North Carolina and South Carolina.

6. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Right-click the image, select "copy image location," then come back here and put it between [ img ][ /img ] tags. Like this:

Edit: Or not. Guess they'd rather have you save it to your own server than hotlink it. 'S all right, I can do that:
    [​IMG]

And the bit about Farrell is true. NFL team started in 1933. The "Carnegie Steelers" of Farrell, as cited by the New Castle News, were playing almost two decades before that.

Used to be (at least) 16. They're showing Sheffield with a plain black helmet, but they had the winged "wolverine" look when I was in school. Our league also has Florida (shown above), Bama (maroon helmet w/side number), the FSU spear in red and black, and Georgia Tech.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Now what will really impress me is if they find some of the old helmets of steel town high schools that have closed.

Midland High School (Norm Van Lear, Simmie Hill, Boo Boo Kirby) is one that jumps to mind.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Ewww...Hamburg Area Hawks should get something on that.

P.S. Budcrew, thanks for posting the NY project. My editor is ultra-excited.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Michigan has a swell one. And the guy who does something better has a sweet database for hs basketball, football and college records and game results.... michigan-football.com

10. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I was BSing with a former AD in our area before a football game a few years ago; the team used Wisconsin's "W". I asked him if they had to pay extra to use someone else's logo, and he claimed they they were changed just enough so as to not be exactly the same.

They must be some really minor changes.

11. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

That's exactly why there's a slight notch at the bottom of Clemson's Tiger paw. You duplicate that notch on your helmet without Clemson's OK and -- bam! -- infringement.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fail.

Draft saved Draft deleted